It’s summertime. That means your kids have even more time on their hands. Often, those hands find mischief. Give them ninety seconds alone with a box of Crayola products, and your child can transform your walls, carpet and windows into a Picasso.
If this has happened in your home, don’t despair. It may look like your panes are permanently colored, but there is hope. Follow these steps to restore your windows to their previous kid-free shine.
Making the Magic Marker Disappear
1. Check the supplies. Did your child use washable markers or crayons? If so, your task is a little easier.
For washable art, spray the area with glass cleaner. Use a clean, dry cloth or paper towel to wipe off the cleaner. Then, wipe again with another dry cloth. It is important to use a dry cloth because the marker or crayon may smear if you use something damp.
2. Is the creative artwork applied with non-washable colors? Don’t lose heart. It’s still washable. It simply requires a little more attention. Use a combination of vinegar and warm water to remove it. This will also require some elbow grease. Other options include nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, or WD-40.
3. If your window is tinted, the chemical options previously mentioned should be avoided. If you are unsure what method to use on your panes, you can always contact the knowledgeable professionals at Central Window Cleaning for assistance.
Preparing for Future Window Art
One of the best things you can do to assist your window cleaning in Shaker Heights, OH, is to be prepared. Choose art supplies that are easiest to clean. Consider purchasing these pane-friendly items to place in your child’s hands:
- Washable window markers: These are great for windows, picture frames and mirrors.
- Window writers: As the name suggests, these marker-like pens are available in bright colors and easily wash off.
- Crayola window crayons: These dry quickly, go on smooth and are easily washed away. Perfect for your little artist!
Central Window Cleaning Makes It Easy
If you’re chasing after Crayola-wielding kids, you probably don’t have the time or energy for window cleaning projects. This doesn’t mean your panes have to stay dirty. Contact the pros at Central Window Cleaning for all your window cleaning needs in Shaker Heights, OH. We’ll handle the windows. You enjoy coloring-time with your kids. Contact Central Window Cleaning today for a free estimate.